Thursday, January 22, 2009

note to myself, so i dont forget this time

To remind me of these good times in the company of ccr, abeeda parveen's ghalib, joni, herbie hancock, umphrey's mcgee (remember the triple wide, hurt bird bath, kimble...) ...this time of the 'underground' that is so velvet, PA's wooden book cabinet, his whiskey jar, my sitting on the steps under the sun watching that guy cover the walls with paint stroke by stroke, friends who are a blessing (remember a's 'coffee and conversations', jen's place, R's 'bright lights'), malika's musings under the trees in the university ground, the new road they cut through those hills that dont care, T playing the flute, grandma's hands, the mud on the village road, the wooden kitchen bench, the food i cooked over wood that had too much salt, the police guy i met with D, the red trekker, this house of memories and imagination, the sadness, the joy, the filling up, the reassuring voices and the blues, muddy, watery, bluesy . Remember in this time: I am in love with the whole world :)

Paul Rogers :

Walking alone in the rain

Water in my shoes

All I can feel is this pain in my heart

In theses muddy water blues


River weep for me

Got Nothing left to lose

Under the weeping willow tree

With these Muddy Water Blues (singing “Muddy Water Blues”)


Please give me some shelter

That’s something I can use

Way down here in the delta

With these MuddyWater Blues


Women and Whiskey will frame you

It’s no good lookin’ for Clues

You got them, who can blame you

Muddy-Water Blues


Try to get free from you baby

Oh… but I’m stuck like glue

Try to get free from you baby,

In these Muddy-- Water Blues

Ooh…. Muddy Water Blues

1 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger HB said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home